December 8, 2019
The Advanced Trauma Operative Management (ATOM®) course is an effective method of increasing surgical competence and confidence in the operative management of penetrating injuries to the chest and abdomen.
- The student will explain and describe the proper operative technique for dealing with trauma injury.
- The student must identify traumatic injuries and develop a management plan in order to surgically repair the injuries.
- At the completion of the course, the student will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Increased self-efficacy in the management of traumatic injuries
- Increased knowledge in the management of penetrating injuries
- Ability to successfully and safely perform all operative procedures presented in the course
The intended audience includes senior surgical residents, trauma fellows, military surgeons, and fully trained general surgeons who are not frequently called on to treat penetrating injuries.
The American College of Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The ATOM manual and CD-ROM can be purchased online. Review of the materials does not qualify for CME credit.
For more information:
Phone: (314) 362-1272