Medical SchoolMD, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, Neb., 2002
Post Doctoral EducationGeneral Surgery Resident and Chief Resident, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington, NC, 2002-2007
Breast Surgery Fellow, Washington University, St. Louis, M0, 2009-2010
Board certified -- American Board of Surgery
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Resident and Fellow Presentation Award, Missouri Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
New Hanover Regional Medical Center:
- Recognized by hospital nursing staff for excellence in teamwork and in compassion
- 2007 Department Certificate of Excellence for Competency in Systems-Based Practice
- 2005 Department Core Competency Award for Patient Care
- 2001 Margaret R. Noel Scholarship
- 2001 Dr. Mary Jo Henn Memorial Scholarship
- 2000 Metro Omaha Medical Spouse’s Alliance Scholarship
- 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997 United Way Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Community Service
Clinical InterestsBreast Surgery
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, St. Peters MO
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis County
Patients Seen At
100 Entrance Way
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
St. Peters, MO 63376
Fax: (636) 916-7190
Center for Advanced Medicine
Joanne Knight Breast Health Center
4921 Parkview Place, Suite F, Floor 5
St. Louis, MO 63110
For appointments, call 636-916-7160 (Center for Advanced Medicine and Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
Selected PublicationsFisher CS, Mushawah FA, Cyr AE, Gao F, Margenthaler JA. Ultrasound-guided lumpectomy for palpable breast cancers. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Oct;18(11):3198-203.
Cyr AE, Margenthaler JA, Conway J, Rastelli AL, Davila RM, Gao F, Dietz JR. Correlation of ductal lavage cytology with ductoscopy-directed duct excision histology in women at high risk for developing breast cancer: a prospective, single-institution trial. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Oct;18(11):3192-7.
Cyr A, Gillanders WE, Aft RL, Eberlein TJ, Margenthaler JA. Breast cancer in elderly women (= 80 years): variation in standard of care? J Surg Oncol. 2011 Mar 1;103(3):201-6
Cyr AE, Novack D, Trinkaus K, Margenthaler JA, Gillanders WE, Eberlein TJ, Ritter J, Aft RL. Are we overtreating papillomas diagnosed on core needle biopsy? Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Apr;18(4):946-51.
Cyr A, Gillanders WE, Aft RL, Eberlein TJ, Gao F, Margenthaler JA. Micrometastatic disease and isolated tumor cells as a predictor for additional breast cancer axillary metastatic burden. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010 Oct;17 Suppl 3:303-11.
Cyr-Taro AE, Kotwall CA, Menon RP, Hamann MS, Nakayama DK. Employment and satisfaction trends among general surgery residents from a community hospital. Journal of Surgical Education. 2008;65:43-49.